El Sistema Colorado provides underserved youth with exceptional programs in musical arts within a nurturing environment, empowering them to develop their potential, pursue their education, and strengthen their communities. El Sistema provides access to exceptional music education in order to promote youth development. Central to El Sistema Colorado’s plan is to build, with community partners, youth orchestras and choirs in underserved communities throughout Denver and Colorado.
Strings Teaching Assistant
Teaching Artists will work closely with the Lead Teaching Artist in designing engaging and effective curriculum and activities for brass, strings, woodwinds, or choral music. He or she will take on a critical leadership role within the program. Teaching Assistants will support Teaching Artists, lead instrument specific sectionals, and collaborate with other El Sistema Colorado faculty. He or she will take on a critical supportive role.
- Able to work ~7-9 hours/week between 3 and 6 p.m. Monday-Friday at Bruce Randolph Middle and High School, including a specified weekly Friday commitment of 4-5:30 p.m.
- Occasional evening and weekend community activities
- Strong commitment to El Sistema’s philosophy of social change through music and the mission of ESC
- Strong knowledge of brass, percussion, strings, woodwind, or choral repertoire and standard music pedagogy & curriculum (Suzuki, etc.); certification preferred
- Experience teaching beginning brass, percussion, strings, woodwinds or choir
- Experience leading ensembles and groups of students
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be scheduled ASAP, once resumes and cover letters are received.
El Sistema Colorado in 5 minutes: El Sistema Colorado: Changing Lives