El Sistema Colorado is a visionary movement that transforms the lives of children through music; a new model for social change. El Sistema Colorado’s mission is to provide an intensive music program that teaches youth the importance of teamwork, promotes self-confidence, and instills the value of social responsibility. The overarching principle is to advance children first and music second.
- Create a program that supports the intellectual, emotional, and social development of students.
- Create an environment that is safe, happy and fun and promotes self-esteem and self-awareness.
- Ensure El Sistema Colorado leaders and teaching artists are committed to fostering a nurturing environment to create exceptional citizens more than exceptional musicians.
- Build a curriculum that develops individual skills as well as teamwork.
- Engage parents and the community so all feel a welcome part of El Sistema Colorado.
- Nurture students’ commitment to El Sistema Colorado throughout their educational careers, developing students into mentors for younger students and ambassadors for the programs.
- Foster curiosity and self-confidence to take personal, educational and artistic risks within a framework that supports long-term success for students.
- Increase significantly, through El Sistema Colorado participation, the percentage of students graduating from high school with academic proficiency.